X

X

12.12.2012

12-12-12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in trouble, faithful in prayer." -Romans 12:12

I got an email today from the er...uhm...Three Rivers MARATHON people (yes, I shouted it) announcing a 12-12-12 special!!
For  today's sequential date,  I join in the excitement about it.
I get it.  I too, like marking neat looking numbered dates.
I've written a post on each of the other sequential  dates.
07-07-07 
08-08-08
09-09-09
10-10-10
11-11-11

Due to the significance of this being the last of it...the three repeated numbers in today's date gives pop culture a positive vibe:
Make a wish!
Celebrate!
Do something significant!
Get married on this date!
Induce labor!
Make it count!

But the buzz about it being the LAST time we will experience this in our life time, has me thinking that actually, everyday is a day that we don't experience twice.
Each experience and each moment can not be preserved, not relived nor can it ever be precisely anticipated.
Each day is a first and a last and should be treated like it is special.

Make everyday count and when in Rome...

"Be joyful in hope, patient in trouble, faithful in prayer."
-Romans 12:12