X

X

5.18.2015

And Homemade Banana Splits After Dinner.


Today I hauled 9 bags of mulch (40 lbs each) from a pile in the store, into my cart and like a mule, pulled it behind me and loaded it into my car.
When I got home, I quickly got to work unloading and spreading it in my garden.
For anyone counting, that's now a total of 18 bags I've shlepped since Saturday.
Although the girls spread the first batch for me last Saturday, Kika did 7 bags and Gabi did 2.
(Perhaps Kika was doing preemptive work release/community service)

Nevertheless, I deserve this banana split.
Not only was it back breaking work but I also saved a lot of money.
The first (and last) time I got a landscape service to mulch our garden they charged $300.00.
I spent $60.00 buying 18 bags of mulch and spreading it myself.
The stevedore muscles I've gained is just a bonus.