X

X

9.20.2012

Eckart Tolle, Alanis Morisette and Grocery Shopping.

This is truly one of my favorite quotes.

"Whatever you accept, you go beyond.
That's a miracle.
If you fight it, you are stuck with it."
~Eckhart Tolle

Alanis Morisette, apparently is of the same mind too.
In an interview I read, she said of a song she wrote:

"Yeah, it's really about my grief,  I think the most painful, sort of suffering oriented moments in my life [are] when I'm resisting something… If I just say, 'It's true. I'm unbelievably insecure, really broken, devastated,' then I can move through it, toward the next place. But if I keep resisting it, I'll stay there forever."

I can see this manifesting in my life too.
Whether it is my natural reflexive opposition to driving really far for the girls' back to back after-school commitments,
doing late night division with decimals with Gabi, my difficulty navigating socially awkward situations or something as basic as grocery shopping--I am learning that if I don't fight it-
It ends up going quicker than I thought it would.

And not fighting it allows me insight into what I am grateful for.
Right now I am sitting in the car, having just come from the grocery store.
As I paid the cashier I realized how thankful I am that Steve's hard work allows me to shop for necessities without having to worry about making ends meet.
Growing up in a really large family that had that concern, I fully appreciate this.
So, I texted him my gratitude.

Now I shall unload the groceries and put them away before all the ice cream I bought melts away.


...this email was sent hastily by chesca from her cell phone.