X

X

3.02.2012

I Bought These For Myself This Morning.


"What you do for yourself-any gesture of kindness, any gesture of gentleness, any gesture of honesty and clear seeing toward yourself-will affect how you experience your world. In fact, it will transform how you experience the world. What you do for yourself, you're doing for others, and what you do for others, you're doing for yourself."
~Pema Chodron: author of 'Start Where You Are.'

I've been reading this book intermittently.
It is not easy to read.
In fact last night when I had trouble sleeping, I started reading it and it knocked me out.
You should get this book.
It is written by a buddhist nun. Do not let its Kung Fu-esque content turn you away.
I like how she writes honestly about the messiness of life and how she directs her readers to acknowledge their faults instead of repressing them.
I am nowhere near being done with this book (As I said, its not easy to read)
But what I am getting so far is this:
1. Living honestly helps humans work around their flaws.
2. Admit our yuckiness to ourselves but do not kick yourself (for an extended period of time!) be more gentle and less harsh--
3. We can start right now. When we mess up, we can start again.
I plan to put myself in lockdown and read this book from cover to cover.
If I do not answer texts, emails or phonecalls it is because I am busy enjoying my flowers while starting where I am.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Be Well.