It is written by a psychiatrist. I highly recommend it.
If you make the time to read this, then do not go any further on this post as I am about to offer up the "CliffsNotes" version of it.
Hector's Notes as He Searched for Happiness:
1. Making comparisons can spoil your happiness.
2.Happiness often comes when least expected
3. Many people see happiness only in their future
4. Many people think that happiness comes from having more power or more money
5. sometimes happiness is not knowing the whole story
6. Happiness is a long walk in beautiful unfamiliar mountains.
7. It is a mistake to think that happiness is the goal.
8. Happiness is being with the people you love.
Unhappiness is being separated from the people you love.
9. Happiness is knowing that your family lacks for nothing.
10. Happiness is doing a job you love
11. Happiness is having a home and garden of your own.
12. It's harder to be happy in a country run by bad people.
13. Happiness is feeling useful to others
14. Happiness is to be loved for exactly who you are.
15. happiness comes when you feel truly alive
16. happiness comes from knowing how to celebrate
17. happiness is caring about the happiness of those you love.
18. Happiness is not caring what people think.
19. Sun and the sea make everyone happy.
20. happiness is a certain way of looking at things.
21. rivalry poisons happiness.
22. women care more than men to make people happy
23. making sure people around you are happy make people happy .
24. be very attentive towards people you love.
Observation: people are kinder to a child who smiles