X

X

7.15.2010

Last night

My children and I were watching Marley and me on television.
I suddenly started sobbing at the scene during Marley's final visit to the vet.
With real tears.
This caught Gabi by surprise that she actually ended up laughing at me.
Kika reprimanded Gabi for her insensitivity and Gabi, with the sudden realization that the tears were real, promptly switched the channel.
Just like that, Gabi must have decided:
Hmm,this show is upsetting my mother, so I shall switch the channel.
It suddenly reminded me of a book I am reading right now called,
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.
On page 68 he writes,
"Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally"
Gabi, who is 9, just helped me comprehend Tolle.