X

X

7.23.2008

House For Sale, Deep Creek Maryland.


Buy Me I'm Fun!
This is what is written on the message board propped up on the granite counter of this beautiful home.
Thanks to Simon and Denise Chough who've generously lent their vacation home to us,
our vacation continues at their lakehouse.
All 17 of us that made the trip to NYC are now here in Deep Creek Maryland.
My pushing 80 yr. old parents having survived the subway debacle,
may have decided that indeed
life is too short
and have now dared get on a jetski, a trampoline, and a speedboat.

(some pictures here)
This place is beautiful.
And the lake is HUGE.
I did not know this.
I discovered this rather quickly when I took Kika and Gabi with me on the jetski to explore the lake and we could not find our way back.
The lake is shaped like a spider and once I realized that all the "legs" looked alike I waved down a couple of boaters for help.
They could not get us home either but they did lend me their cell phone.
Perhaps I was more panicked than I let on because I suddenly could not remember cell phone numbers.
I could however recall my brother A's number
(who happened to be on vacation in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina).
So he sent Steve and Jim to rescue us.
That experience confirmed what I already know about dealing
with a crisis (or life in general):
1. Stay Calm.
2. Don't wait until the point-of-no-return to get help.
3. Be sure to have the number of your "phone a friend" memorized.

More pictures here.
pictures from Chari's camera here.

Videos here.