X

X

7.28.2008

The Big Unit





Location: the streets of Key West, Florida.
The girls and I stopped at a street artist's display.
After looking at his paintings and the artist's name,
I recognized that it was this man's work hanging all over the coveted 'Big Unit.'
The Big Unit is a beautiful 2 story +
a roof top bar apartment that the
'Lobster people'
and I have a not-too-secret battle over.
(we were victorious in 2007)
Anyway, after I met the artist whose work adorns the Big Unit, I took it as a sign that the place was meant to be mine.

Unfortunately, this year we lost the Big Unit to the Lobster people.
(who am I kidding...since one must have life planned a year in advance to secure the place, we were not even a contenders)
But life has its way of making a loss, a gain.
The other day, I got an email from the offending Lobster people.
They informed me that someone in their party had canceled but had already paid their non-refundable 1/2 down payment on one of the small units.
They wondered if I was interested in taking it since, it is now half its price.
I am a sucker for great deals.
That is why the girls and I are leaving for Key West today.
Well that and fresh lobster.