X

X

4.09.2008

While You Were Away...

I went shopping.
I did not mean to go shopping,
In fact I was dressed in a ratty old sweatshirt and paint spattered cargo pants sans make-up.
I had dropped my parents off at church and en route home,
I noticed that a boutique I had been meaning to check out had an easy parallel parking spot not far from it.
So I parked.
The first thing I noticed was that despite my knotty hair and unkempt appearance--the sales person was very friendly.
Her friendliness inspired me to try on things.
I picked up a jacket, a shirt, a skirt, a pair of shoes and a purse.
When I came out of the dressing room to view myself in the big mirror, the sales person squealed in delight:
"Oh My! Where are you going?"
Sheepishly I answered, "Nowhere."
She laughed and left me to stare at my wardrobe make-over in peace.
That sealed the deal.
I bought everything.
(this is unusual since I am not a compulsive shopper at all)

Anyhow, perhaps it was a premonition of some sort--
because a few days after, I got a call telling me that I got a new job.
After almost three years of staying home full time
I now have a part-time job in the outside world. (Thanks Suzanne!)

Tomorrow is my first day at work.

Meet the new Child Development Consultant.
Now when a sales person asks me where I am going,
I can say: "To work."
I knew there had to be a reason why I shopped for some new clothes.


(Pictures of Steve's trip to Hilton Head, South Carolina)