X

X

4.21.2008

Flat Me


It was not enough that I started a new job. Going through the stress of meeting new people and working out of a conference room center to everything (because my cubicle was not yet ready)--
added the painful task of stifling the phlegmy cough I had developed.
Unsuccessful, the loud hacking bark, left me nauseous, exhausted...and embarrassed.

On top of that, I am host to my god-daughter Aneka, who is visiting the US for the first time
and tour guide to Gabi's 'Flat Me' project.



With Steve driving, we took Aneka and 'Flat Me' to New York to see Niagara Falls



Rochester, NY--Susan B. Anthony's residence, the birthplace of Kodak, and home to my parents.



And, we drove through the winding roads around the Allegheny Mountains in search of Elk but instead saw Punxsutawney Phil, a lot of deer and waved at Amish People as we passed their horse and buggy.
It was, in all, a full week.
If it weren't for on-going conversations with my guardian angel I'm not sure that I would have made it.
This week, for an encore, I think that I'll bake a pie, knit a sweater, and overhaul an engine.
After all, how demanding could the second week of work be?
Next up: Aneka and 'Flat Me' in New York City .