X

X

3.13.2015

Pad Thai


My Niece Erica is staying with us for a few weeks because she is doing a medical rotation with Steve.
She arrived last Sunday.
Erica has reported that she and my dog Pax have been bonding.
And, she and the girls have bonded over "crafts" as well.
Yesterday, Erica and G went on a run.
Halfway through the run they decided to stop and have waffles topped with whipped cream and strawberries.
I find that to be funny.
Speaking of food--
Erica's fiance` Brett,  and their friend, Ben stopped in for lunch today.
I made Pad Thai and Japanese fried rice for the four of us.
In honor of St. Paddy's day, we also had Green Plant juice infused with vodka after our meal.
Note to self: must not have an alcoholic beverage before working out.
Alc does not make exercise easier.
I know this.
Luckily my workout partner JB was understanding and patient as I whined my way through the whole routine.
It is Friday and Steve is up at the camp for the weekend working on stuff out there.
We couldn't go with him because this evening I shall go to church to attend G's Living Stations.
(That's the re-enactment of the Stations of the Cross done by the eighth graders of her school)
Plus tomorrow G plays her trumpet at some Meet the Maestro event downtown.
I don't really feel like stepping out this evening because I would much rather read a book.
But whatevs.
Tomorrow is Pi day. (3.14)
I think I shall defrost a pie.

Updated: Let me just say for the record that watching the eighth graders re-enact the Living Stations very solemnly and self-directed makes me so impressed with Sacred Heart Elementary School.