X

X

1.22.2015

Went To See American Sniper Last Night.

20 minutes into it, Steve got paged.
He left to do an emergency, and since I was already hooked,
I decided to stay.
The movie ended at 9:30 pm.
It was slightly snowy and sleety and 34 degrees cold--
Since I had no car, I jogged home.

(1.6 miles)

But I was not wearing running clothes.
It was a spontaneous decision to go (and to stay)
I was literally wearing my sleeping clothes that I never changed out of.
A ratty T shirt (no bra)
A sweatshirt, boy sweatpants from XC lost-and-found, my old corduroy coat and Uggs.
Oh and a ski hat.

The first and last time I went to the movie theater on foot was to see Silver Linings Playbook.
Coincidentally, both movies had Bradley Cooper starring in it.
It was a very good movie, and that I got a bit of cardio in,  even better.
But this new ability of mine to not shy away from walking/running in the cold is the best.

We are never too old to change what we think we can do.