X

X

1.23.2015

Today

I am not really a back-to-back kind of event participant.
My nature is to want to recharge in-between gigs.
But in the words of The Rolling Stones, 'we can't always get what we want..."

Today:
Steve wants to do a "Winterfest" up at the camp 90 miles away.
I want to stay home to clean and organize (and curl up into fetal position)
K wants to hang out with friends and then participate in a track meet 100 miles away (not in the same direction) first thing tomorrow.
While G wants a belated birthday celebration with eight friends at the camp during aforementioned Winterfest.
.
So, how does this living consciously work when my family seems like an exploded bag of nuts?
I guess after speaking up, the next step is to allow life to happen.

This is an experiment for me.
My old self would have stood my ground or decided to stay home.
But my newish self attempting a conscious life,  is experimenting with going with the flow and trusting that with good intentions, all will be well.

I've entrusted the 16 year old to someone I lend my good air-matresses to. (and I don't just lend those out freely)
I will shed the idea that I am not really ready to host a 14th birthday party at the property
and instead, I am going to embrace this Winterfest idea.
Ice skating and ice hockey on a pond, hiking and ATV rides through the cold, bonfire building in different areas, sledding...(which reminds me, we don't have sleds...)
And food,  I must go and get food...

Life is too short to keep resisting.
I shall take care of these eight other "air-matresses" entrusted to my care to help G belatedly celebrate her birthday.
I am hoping to prove that another key to a happy peaceful life is to just always do one's best, while surrendering the outcome.

And I take strength in this Bible verse:
"But his answer was: "My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak."
I am most happy, then, to be proud of my weaknesses, in order to feel the protection of Christ's power over me."
-2 Corinthians 12:9