X

X

11.14.2014

Live Blogging

10:40 AM: About to get a mammo
...better than a pap, as that is not due until 2016.

updated: DONE! Despite the super cold temp, walked  to and from the place (half a mile away)  but was able to stay warm for most of it since I was able to enter through the nearby hospital's ER department a stone's throw away--and cut through to get to the imaging center.
Now just made a smart choice to have a some greek yogurt instead of my large vat of cheese balls.

11:15 AM: About to jump into my car to go to a DZ recommended french bakery to pick up a belated  birthday cake for a sleepover party we are hosting tonight for about a dozen 16 year old girls.
...better than a pap, as that is not due until 2016.

updated: SL's husband says, when you want something done, ask a busy person.
DONE! I have successfully picked up a birthday cake.
I also JUST remembered to sign not one but two 13 yr olds up for a make up gymnastics class for this evening. That almost slipped my mind, which would have been a problem.

12:25 PM: Now thinking of venturing out to tackle grocery shopping.
---I would rather get a pap.

updated:
12:26 PM: Changed my mind. Decided to eat some cheese balls and drink a glass of water.
Then did the 20 minute meditation that I started but stopped earlier this morning.

12:50 PM: Decided to brush my teeth as I realized when I was "focusing on the breath" that I had neglected to brush my teeth this morning. Applied eye make-up.

1:04 PM: Chatted with Elaine's sister who lives in Manila. Then chatted with JB.

1:40 PM: Did a 20 minute work out.

2:00 PM: Left to go to two grocery stores. Froze in the meat section. Figuratively.
Wanted to make something in my new crock pot but realized that I am clueless.
I have zero clue as to how to cook a meal in a slow cooker.
Bought snacks, fruits and ready-made (frozen) food instead.

3:00 PM: Picked up G and her friend from school.
Fed them each a frozen chicken burrito from Trader Joe's.

3:30 PM: Cancelled the open gym reservations I made for gymnastics, because both 13 yr olds decided it was not going to be fun. I did not force them. Secretly happy I don't have to shuttle them back and forth to it this evening.
Chatted with DZ.

4:53 PM: Torn between trying to straighten up the house, unclog the basement toilet or take a nap.
---I would rather get a pap.

updated:
5:00 PM Got a text from my friend (Let's call her "K") asking for dinner recommendations in Key West Florida.
She said she was about to watch the sunset and had no time to research nor make reservations.
So I called my favorite Key West restaurant and made reservations for her.
She will have dinner at Seven Fish at 6 PM. If they don't make it in time I also highly recommended Blue Heaven. I am positive that they will enjoy their meal at either place.

updated:
5:40 PM: Now about to unclog a toilet.

updated:
Toilet unclogging successful, but some toilet water splashed onto my face.
Steve, snuck up on me, waited for me outside of the basement bathroom just to startle (scare the poop out of) me--one of his favorite things to do--which I hate.
Then he kissed me hello.
He unknowingly kissed my toilet water splashed face.
I felt bad.
I just had to tell him.


updated: Late Late Late Into The Night....

Update:

Stayed up late into the night, in order to:
a) safeguard against any teenage galivanting.
b) finish up watching the entire Breaking Bad series. The final season.
Finally Walt is out of our lives. He was crowding me.