X

X

10.03.2014

Romans And Friday

"We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him, those to whom he has called according to His purpose." ~Romans 8:28

The book of Romans in the Bible is St. Paul's most thorough letter of instructions to the early followers of Jesus.  He stresses the importance of faith and how being reliant on God during both the ups and downs of life bring us closer to God.
This closeness to God, or this pervasive dependence on God, brings peace.
If we are to believe Paul, then the difficulties we encounter are all part of a Divine plan.
If we have unwavering faith, living a life in constant peace is within our reach. (really??!?)
If we let God, we can be transformed inwardly by a complete change of our mind.
We will be able to trust God's will and in effect, please Him.

Hmmmm. When SHTF, who would not want the ability to experience tranquility and calm?
So today I apply some Romans.

Just like in Romans 8:38-39,  I believe that
Nothing can separate us from the love of God:
Neither a troubled teacher nor a busted tire
neither the temporary loss of partial vision, nor the misuse of a kitchen spice
neither the present or the future....or even the long commute for volleyball on a friday evening--
nothing will shake my faith in God.

I may get angry for a few minutes, I may entertain feelings of dread but if I consistently attempt to live with faith and love in my heart, I believe that all will be well.
(it's called expectant faith)

Aside from applying Romans...did you know that making a paste out of ground nutmeg and water and applying it all over the forehead can relieve a migraine and promote sleep?
I did not know this.