X

X

2.14.2012

But What If You have Two Sisters that were born on Valentine's Day?

Then you know that they are getting inundated with lots of messages and so you have to get creative with your greeting.

Dear Karen,
When I read the hundreds of messages and birthday postings on your Facebook page from friends that span a lifetime, I ponder about you and your amazing qualities:
1. You give what you get.
-you've always taken care of relationships.  You care about everybody.
Everybody, cares about you.
2.  You are a magnet.
-you attract people with your quirky grumpy love that you infuse with your entertaining antics.
People are drawn to you.
3. You are a connecter.
-not only do you relate to various people on different levels but your ability to bring them together and bind them with the most simple of things like pingpong playing, bicycle riding, lambanog drinking and eating the most simple turo-turo food that you won't cook, creates a pull towards you that defies gravity.

If this were your eulogy, I would write about your challenges and your victories.
I would include how much I admire the mother that you are, and I might even throw in a snippet about the best sister that you've been.  But, thank God it's just your birthday and that I have more time to observe, experience and share the beauty of you.

Dear Charissa
Everything Karen learned, she learned from you.
Maybe she did not quite learn any of your culinary skills nor did she pick up your gardening talent--and lambanoging is all hers but YOU set the mold for being caring, magnetic and kind--and you certainly planted various seeds of nuts in her garden called life.
For this I thank you.

For 2012 Valentine's Day/Two Sisters' Birthdays I am posting a clip from a 1969 Film called 'Goodbye Mr. Chips' starring Petula Clark.
Although Karen and Charissa do not have similar personalities,  I could see both of them in the role of Petula Clark singing: "Fill The World With Love."


Fill the World With Love Lyrics:
In the morning of my life I shall look to the sunrise.
At the moment in my life when the world is new.
And the blessing I shall ask is that God will grant me, 
To be brave, and strong and true,
And to fill the world with love my whole life through.


(chorus)
And to fill the world with love
And to fill the world with love
And to fill the world with love my whole life through.


In the noontime of my life I shall look to the sunshine
At the moment in my life when the sky is blue.
And the blessing I shall ask shall remain unchanging,
To be brave and strong and true,
And to fill the world with love my whole life through.
(chorus)


In the evening of my life I shall look to the sunset,
At a moment in my life when the night is due.
And the question I shall ask only I can answer:
Was I brave and strong and true?
Did I fill the world with love my whole life through?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To my two sisters who celebrate their birthdays on the same day the world celebrates love,
your answer is yes.
Happy Birthday and I love you.