X

X

3.26.2011

Bench Warmer

This is my friend's body.
Let's call her JB.

JB and I share many of life's tasks like
shuttling, feeding, mothering, and socializing.
Together she and I go back and forth with the catch phrase:
"It takes a village..."
I find that we live somewhat parallel lives except for a couple things.
She is, unlike me, gainfully employed as a teacher.
She is an active member of a large family.
She helps coach cross country,
She takes her family to church,
She volunteers regularly at the school's sports association by stocking...STOCKING the concession stand (meanwhile I can't even grocery shop for my family)
and get this:
JB works out.
Last week we played in a Mothers vs Daughters basketball game.
(Sidebar: I have a deeper respect for Kika and Gabi now that I've ran a mile in their basketball shoes.)
At one point of the game I turned to Steve who was ref-ing the game and asked him to
coach me on what to do.
His advice: "Take yourself out and put JB in!"