X

X

6.17.2010

And I Am Not Making This Up Either

Due to my laundry room being out of commission, I will need to go to a laundromat today.
But first I will go to testify in a preliminary hearing for a crime I witnessed.
When my sister Karen and her family were here visiting over a month ago, we were sitting on our porch when a car drove up across the street.
A guy casually hopped out of the front passenger side and broke into another car that was parked across the street from us.
In. Broad. Daylight.
After he stole the GPS, he looked at us (Karen had actually yelled HEY!!!)
and grinned before he jumped back into his (stolen) getaway car.
Police came, report filed.
Owner of vehicle came, the yoga class she had just attended completely cancelled out by her violated belongings.

Weeks later, detectives brought me 16 mug shots and asked me if I could identify the man I saw that day.
(I thought to myself, Are they kidding??? I am a "super recognizer!!!" 'Tis my gift.)
(more on this later)
I picked out the man from that afternoon and he just happens to be notorious for stealing subarus (the getaway car)
and as a reward for the use of my super recognizer skill,
I get to go face to face with this brazen criminal in court.
Steve said that as a bonus I should ask the cops to help me get out of that parking ticket from last friday...
It is day four of my daughters' summer vacation, and although all they've done so far is run errands with me,
this is one task that they will NOT be going to with me.
I am thinking a hat, a wig and thick eyeglasses...

I am hoping they put this guy away for a long time,
or at the very least for the duration of my lack of laundry facilities here at home.
With my luck (and super recognizer skills) I will run into him at the laundromat.