X

X

9.10.2009

Free

I prayed for rain today.

The 'Black Eyed Peas' are playing tonight-- in a FREE concert at a downtown park.
Free being the operative word, my daughters asked if I could take them.
We will go by public transportation since parking will be impossible.
We will get there FOUR hours before they start if we are to get a decent spot.
We will walk a long way.
We will eat over-priced festival food.
We will get jostled.
We will wait for the Black Eyed Peas.

According to the weather forecast, it is going to be a beautiful evening.
I think I will need a stiff cup of coffee.

***************************************


We walked to the bus stop right after school.
We ended up hitch-hiking a ride to the park.
Thanks to a kind young man that drove us all the way to the concert,
we ended up pretty close to the stage.
All this "good samaritan" asked of us was to:
 "Pay it forward."
As of today, 10/14/09--we have not done it yet, but we will.