X

X

1.10.2009

When God speaks, shut up and listen

First off, you must all go see Slumdog Millionaire.
It is a very well-made movie.
Anyone who knows me knows that I rarely step out of this house.
What can I say, I am a recluse. Sue me.
But Steve invited me to go--so I went.
A motley crew, Erica my niece, Steve and I --all of us dressed in our sleeping clothes--went to see it.
It was worth the price of admission despite the sting of the winter cold.
So good that we urged my two brothers and their wives to go and see it too. 
That is where Jimmy, Chari, Ayo and Raff are right now. 
I suggested that tomorrow we have a round table discussion about it. 
Fun.
For some reason, when I watch certain movies, a certain chord gets played in me.
I get religious.
As I watched the film, I found myself saying a silent prayer of thanks that my children and I have never had to experience anything like the characters in this movie did.
Speaking of religious experience,
we had one last night.
Mom, Dad if you are reading this, know that your prayers work.
Big time.
Last night, Steve's  car rolled out of our driveway onto rush hour traffic, hit the neighbor's wall across the street, ricocheted back onto our busy street and stopped traffic.
Without. Anyone. In. It.
It could have run over someone,
hit a moving vehicle,
hit a parked car,
damaged the wall,
or damaged the car-- but nothing.
No damage.
Irritated commuters is all but other than that--nothing.
God works in mysterious ways.
I believe this happened for a reason.
He wants me to know that He is watching over me.
Despite how bleak the picture looks,
or how I have to claw my way out of a dark space (psychologically...it's a hormonal demon I wrestle with)
I believe this "miracle" happened to inform me that I am not alone.