X

X

8.21.2008

"There is More to Life than Increasing its Speed"

-Gandhi.

Tita Carole.

Tita Chesca

Our friend Brian Horvath who we had lunch with at Wholefoods, surprised us with his package.
(Baby Mac)
As he shared his insights on life in China (where he and his wife Anni and baby Mac live)
He also shared his favorite Gandhi quote:
There is more to life than increasing its speed.
Aside from sushi, what I took away from that lunch with Carole and Brian is this:
I should stop and smell my children.

The kids are finally home from camp.

Waaah waah waaah.
I can be such a whiner.
Did I not enjoy staying in bed all day long?
Did I not eat ice cream for brunch just because I could?
I know it is healthy for children to spend time away from their parents and we are lucky that Steve's mom hosts "Nana camp" every summer for a week.
And I don't usually pine away for them like this like I did this past week.
I don't.
In fact I usually go away and have fun.
But not this year.

This year I weeded.
(both mentally and actually)



BEFORE And AFTER shots of our back yard.