X

X

10.21.2007

Journaling NYC


New York City really should get cell service in the subway--
so that all the weepy messages from your children need not be left on your voice mail.

Kika
, sorry that you got sick while I was in NYC.
Steve, thank you for messing up your schedule to drive Gabi to school...since she was scared to get on the bus without her sister.
Gabi, I am proud of you for taking the bus home from school by yourself. I had a great time.
Tuesday-
Had dinner with Missy Jurado and "A" at Soho .
Cendrillon was great.
This asian grill serves more mainstream-tasting Philippine cuisine.
A good place to sample Filipino food if you have never had it.
Located at 45 Mercer st.
(Right beside Babeland, the adult toy store ;-))
(pictures here)
Wednesday-
Had late morning tea with Shawn Hainsworth in Washington Hts.
(pictures here)

Strolled in Central Park.
Shopped a little bit.
(will put a picture of my new dress here)
And then I set out to visit Aimee's baby.
(yes the purpose of my trip)
While en route I got sidetracked to make a boot purchase at
Century 21 Department Store (22 Cortland)
-across from WTC, a bargain shopper's haven!!!
-beware of high-strung women shopping.
-if you go--wear a tank top and leggings/cycling shorts underneath your clothes so that you won't have to use the dressing room. The lines are verrrry long. Trust me on this one.
Eventually got to the Kowalaks in Hoboken.

To be in the presence of awe and love for a newborn child is an experience.
The arrival of a baby binds a home with hope and love.


It filled me with both nostalgia and a pang of something inexplainable.
(pictures here)
Met Missy there.
Had Cuban.
Got my baby fix.
(more pics here)
Thurday-
My friend Katie Talarico picked me up for lunch at
Le Pain Quotidien, (60 W65th St.)
Fantastic Salads and cheeses.

Enjoyed another great day in Central Park.
(pictures here)
Parking in that area: $42.00 for three hours.
If you go one minute past 3 hours, the rate jumps to $67.00.
We did not know this
.
Met Joy Mendoza, Bettina Icasiano, and Missy for dinner at Thalia's (8th Ave/50th)
Met Missy's international banking colleagues for after dinner drinks/dessert at a Japanese Bar.
(pictures here--please note my wardrobe change to meet up with conservative bankers)
Friday-
Met my very first blog buddy Bernadette!!!!
together with an old friend Joel--went to Ihawan in Queens and had a scrumptious lunch.
(pictures here)
Had dinner with With Missy, Patrick and Mihali Felipe at Zocalo's (Best Margaritas in NYC)

Spotted Colin Farrell near Times Square.
Did not have drinks with Colin.
(pictures here)
Saturday-
Left NYC

and drove the 374 mi. back home to my domestic diva-ness.
It took me over 7 hours.
When Steve checked on my whereabouts he said:
"what are you doing, driving around in circles???"
But I had made several stops.
Stopped for gas.
Stopped for pee and lunch at taco bell.
Stopped again at a sheepskin roadside store to buy a trooper hat
(will put a picture here)
Stopped again at another gas station to take a nap.
---woke up completely disoriented but refreshed.
Got home to a sick dog.
Glad the spelling words were found in time for Gabi's test tomorrow.