X

X

8.22.2007

Your Opinion is Needed

I will be upfront and tell you that this post is about me.
But I will get to it in a minute.

I was humming as I prepared to take Amaris and Kika to Steve's hospital.
They were going to witness a heart catheterization that Steve was scheduled to do.
Amaris is a former student of mine. I have known her since she was 9.
She is now a premed student, obviously considering medicine.
Kika the first born--has her own dreams of being a doctor too.

I was in such a good mood that I may have been whistling too.

Anyway, back to the story.

The moment we got there, Steve met us at the entrance.
After greeting the two girls he appraised my attire and with a raised eyebrow said:
"A little bit risque?"

While that tire screeching sound was loud in my head, I looked at him.
Practicing my new mantra in my head:
"All Will Be Well,"
I proceeded to follow everyone into the hospital, lagging a good
four paces behind my husband in order to protect the delicate genius' lack of prurient reputation.

We were invited to observe stress tests but
since I was deemed inappropriately dressed,
I opted to stay in a secluded room making random phone calls.


Despite my niggling annoyance with the man for his comment,
I found his love for medicine and his patience to introduce it to a future generation to be quite endearing.

He explained what they were about to see.




He got them scrubbed and suited up.




He brought them up close and personal.




Unfortunately things did not go as planned.
There was a casualty in the O.R.
And it was not the patient either.

While Amaris proved to have a stronger stomach for the procedure,
Kika aborted the mission at the first sign of blood.
Spurting blood to be exact.



Her exit interview here:



After everything was done Steve did a wrap up with the girls.





And then we lunched with the the cath staff, where my attire was
once again
brought into question.

?!@#$%^&*?!@#

It was a great day, despite Kika's near melt down,
and my appearance which was and I quote:
"fit for a bar"
But do I really think this was a wardrobe malfunction or Steve's dysfunction?
I will let you decide for yourselves.
This is what I was wearing:


Do you agree or disagree with Steve?
Please tell me.
And be honest.
You don't have to be nice.