X

X

5.21.2007

A Shrek Review


Last Saturday, Steve and I took the girls to see Shrek 3.
Shrek is just as appealing the third time around.
Certain little details punctuate the movie with such tongue-in-cheek humor.
The baby shower scene was hilarious.

Anyone who knows me is aware of how little I care for showers of any kind.
When I was less mature, I had been known to fall ill during such occasions planned around my milestones. Now that I am older, I know now how to decline graciously.

Cameos by Sleeping Beauty with her convenient narcolepsy and the organic magician Merlin, tickled me to no end.

Talk about putting a positive spin on a disability.

The inclusion of my favorite karaoke song during a pub scene made my family turn to me in the darkened theater and collectively whisper: "its your song!!"
This is a smart movie with fantastic animation.
The scenes depicting the gingerbread man's fear and the "croaking" were comic brilliance.

The message--

Be confident. Ignore detractors, naysayers and toxic people--

is something we could all use.

If you enjoyed the first two, then you would enjoy Shrek 3.
As with the first and the second, I forsee the soundtrack being a good substitute to Radio Disney.