X

X

5.24.2007

Four Memes to End Procrastination




To get to the meat of the matter of a blog author,
a meme is an excellent tool.
However, it can be a task to accomplish.
Had I known that the deeper meaning behind procrastinate was so dire I would have fought my inner serial procrastinator a long time ago.
Another meme here.

A month ago I was nominated for a Thinking blogger Award by Butrfly Garden.
In keeping with this meme, here are five other blogs that have made me think. Always one to alter things, I decided to pick posts that have made me think:

*This post that my sister Karen wrote, made me weep as I read how a painful loss was finally explained away by a beautiful miracle. It is a must read.
*Photowanderer (my SIL) made me think of the environment. Her post motivated me to recycle.
* Just the other day, this post by Liza's eye view--made me do a self evaluation.
*Makis made me nostalgic with her holiday memories and
*Francesca in france told me that there is no such thing as silly work, just silly people in her post dated April 15, 2007.

My response to Cherann's meme:
What blogs do I read but have not linked my blog due to plain old procrastination?

* Laura Zigman's blog. She is the author of the book: Animal Husbandry and Dating Big Bird. I love her witty writing style.
*Noemi's Touched by An Angel is about her “new normal” which she struggled to achieve after the sudden death of her 6 yr. old son . Still a work in progress, she is now in her renewal stage where her grief has moved on towards a positive resolution. As she shares her life on her blog, she offers hope.
*An Island Life by Kailani. She has interesting stories about life in Hawaii and her career as a flight attendant. She is also a mother to two sweet little girls.
*Something About Parenting by Mike. This blog written by a stay at home dad allows me into a peak into motherhood from a father's point of view. His creativity is a plus.
*Walk this way by Carlos Celdran. A very entertaining read, he is like a smorgasborg for stuff.
You never know what you are going to get with this guy--he has a link to morgue pictures.
Yes, you read right--morgue pictures. But you are not subjected to it, you have the option of clicking on it. (I will not tell you whether I clicked or not.)

And the answer to Ron's question as to what five goals I've never taken seriously:
* Make my bed everyday.
* Read 100 Years of Solitude
* Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily
* Be a sweet wife
* Avoid procrastination

Oh and so I don't completely kill these memes -- let me know if you do it so that I can link to it.