X

X

3.30.2007

How to Outsmart a Dog


photo credit: madmarriage.com (wherever cce got it)

Problem:
Any time my dog's schedule is disrupted--he showers me with "presents."
With Steve gone all week and the presence of Eric the painter--the dog is not happy.
In my quest for serenity and peace, I've trained myself not to react violently to his gifts.
I just whip out my arsenal of cleaning supplies (409, lysol, wet vac) and attack.
Luckily, its usually on the kitchen tile so it is nothing permanent.
(uhmmm note to yourself: that 3-5 second rule where you can eat food that has fallen on the floor does NOT apply here)
The dog is pushing it.
He has decided to relieve himself while lying on his plush (read:hellishly over-priced) dog pillow.
Whereas the outer covering is machine washable--the inner pillow is not.
Needless to say the dog is able to elicit attention with this latest move.

Solution:
After air-drying and febreezing the heck out of the inner pillow, it is now encased in a construction strength garbage bag that I laminated shut with a hot iron before stuffing it back into its washable outer covering.

Points:
Chesca=1
Dog=0

Serenity Now.

That i am Grateful for I will list on Fridays:
*Steve will be home soon.
*Color on our walls, thanks to Eric Mason of Mason Painting
*Higher sun angles.
*The break I am about to get due to--
*My parents taking my dog for a few weeks.
*Dad and Mom, thank you for taking the amish exchange student.