X

X

3.26.2007

History Repeating Itself

Super Glue Corporation has a patch material that can be used with practically any household material, plastic, metal, rubber, wood and fiberglass. This patch material is an adhesive patch that cures with sunlight or quicker with a cure lamp. You simply clean the area where the patch is to be installed and peel the adhesive cover off and press it into place. This patch would be handy to repair a hole in a gutter, or a garage door or even a skylight. The patch is a 6x3 inch sheet that retails for approximately $8.00. If your home improvement center or hardware store does not carry this brand there are other similar products on the market. Just read the label and make sure it is suitable for your intended application.


At some point in her life my mother learned how to fix a toilet and climb a roof to check on clogged gutters.
(where I am from, this is considered unwomanly)

Yesterday I was on our roof putting a fiber-glass patch on a gutter seam which had a slight leak.
(thank you Carole, for diagnosing the problem)
My across-the-street neighbor Orrie, called out:
"Whadda ya' think yer doing?"

After I hollered out my plan of action, he shook his head and yelled:
"And you can't wait for Steve to do that?"
(apparently, he considered it unwomanly too)

I have to say, fixing the leak gave me an extreme sense of accomplishment.
Not to mention seeing the girls, happily snacking on chocolates while watching me on a safer perch, made it more satisfying.
Hopefully the lesson they take from seeing me do roof repair--
they should never let their gender stop them from anything.