X

X

2.23.2022

Birthdays and the Effort of Surprise part 2


The tradition Elaine started continues in 2022 
(Happy Birthday Elaine 2/23)


Meet my new friend Jen. 
She celebrated her birthday yesterday.
I met her a few months ago when I sent her an email about sharing yoga at a facility that she is the executive director for.
The site is still under renovation so I have not started yet, but nevertheless we are now connected through social media.
When she announced that she was celebrating the success of her fundraiser and celebrating her 2/22/22 birthday by wearing a tutu, I felt compelled to surprise her.
I have to tell you I was nervous to do it.
Did I mention that we aren’t close friends?
Plus, it was a rainy day, not really the best day to be traipsing around in a tutu.
Also, when I arrived at the place where I thought she would be- she wasn’t there. Awkward. 
I was directed to go to a different office.
Aaaaargh. I almost chickened out. 
But I remembered again my dear friend Elaine who did something similar for me on my 15th birthday. (See link above)
So I went anyway.
The look on her face when I walked into her office made everything worth it.