X

X

5.12.2020

Checking In

Current Status: Stay At Home; Shelter in place, Business Shutdown has been in effect since March 16th, 2020.
Today is May 12th.
.
.
I am sipping Earl Grey Tea this morning, even if I am normally a coffee drinker.
Sometimes tea seems healthier.
And I am all about trying to stay healthy during these times.
I thought the many weeks of the Corona Virus Quarantine would give me time to sit at my computer and write but somehow, the weeks got away from me.
Actually so much has gotten away from me.
My house is a mess, the seasonal clothes are still in limbo due to how cold it remains outside despite it being spring time here in Pittsburgh.
My Bible reading and meditation schedule is completely nonexistent.
I don't know how that started.
Ever since we stopped going to church due to the virus.... although I may be just using that as an excuse.
I don't know how it started.
My life tempo is off.
But in the words of Pema Chodron, "Start Where You Are."
Okay. 
I am okay. As I peck this post out on my cell phone, I look around at the mess and think if I were dying right this second, what would I do? (I am not dying btw)
I think I would write last minute instructions to my peeps!
What would the heading be?
I think I would call it:
.
.
Reminders for Life

•Make your bed before you leave your bedroom.
•Say a prayer while making your bed. 
•Ask and you shall receive.
•Be grateful.
•Love yourself
•Avoid sweets in the morning
•Movement is medicine 
•Surround yourself with people who love, respect and support you.
•Don't assume the worst in people however,
•When someone shows you who they are, believe them.
•Forgiveness is for yourself 
•Today's emotional pain is most likely unresolved mental baggage. Examine that.
•Today's dysfunctional relationships are most likely due to something in your childhood. Examine that.
•You can heal yourself.
•Tackle hard shit
•Think before you speak
•Be brave
•Speak your boundaries 
•Be kind always.

•Vibrate good energy.
•Don't gossip
•Treat others the way you want to be treated.
•Clean at least one thing everyday.
•Substituting chores is a healthier form of procrastination.
•Ask questions about things you don't know.
•Keep an open mind.
•It doesn't matter how many times you wash your hands during the day if after you've come into contact with the virus you neglected to wash your hands.
•Stop touching your face.
.
.
.
(To Be Continued....my friend CK just called me to invite me for a socially distanced coffee outdoors.)