X

X

7.09.2018

Emmanuel

Out of the 9 kids in this accident, one of them could not swim.

Miraculously Mig landed in the water within arms reach of a life jacket.

Last Friday we started our reunion with a group prayer.

We were thankful for the opportunity to get together and we asked for our time together to be blessed.

I didn't write in detail about the capsizing of our 10 foot diving dock because I was still in a bit of a shock.

It was not a nothing.

It was in fact, a terrifying event.

All my friends had gone to the store and they decided to leave me so I could relax.

I was so happy to see all the kids bonding. 

It was the first time for many of them to meet. 

When I saw all of them sitting up on the top level of the dock, I didn't worry because in the two years that we had this thing, it had carried that weight before without any problem.

I took their photo and reveled in their camaraderie.

When it started tipping over, the kids scrambled to balance the weight out.

When it didn't correct, I watched in horror as the kids fell, jumped and attempted to clear the falling structure.

Everyone landed on the one side of it except Jeremiah.

He tried to avoid landing on people in the water by going over on the other side.

His decision to protect others cost him dearly.

Despite the chaos, Cole and Miguel C, quickly realized J was hurt and they were able to get him to shore. 

Mig and Haley were able to stop the bleeding with pressure and they went with me to take Jeremiah to the nearest Hospital 17 miles away.

This accident could have had a fatal injury. 

As I am writing this, I am in awe of J's spirit.

Maybe in an effort to show everyone he was okay despite 7 stitches on his chin, he still went slacklining when he got back from the ER.

Before we parted ways yesterday, we gathered to say a prayer of thanksgiving.

I am profoundly thankful for what I have come to realize as a gift. 

As the summer progresses we are scheduled to host several reunions in our property (with young kids too)

I look at this event as a reminder to stay on top of safety.

I should not be in shock when time and time again God has shown his presence in my life. (Emmanuel: God is with us)

This weekend was no exception.