X

X

2.14.2017

ShivashaktiShape Challenge Collage (because I loved this Challenge) plus the backstory to two of these pictures ....


-
-
Early this morning I received a text.

Friend: "Do you want to run with me?"

Me: "If I say yes, can we run to a church with a steeple so you can take my picture outside of it?"

Friend: "Okay. Will do."

Me: "It's a yoga pose. You won't be embarrassed?

Friend: "I figured."

It's low 30 degree type of winter weather. Windy and cloudy in Pittsburgh.
I put on four layers. Jogging pants, gloves and a hat.
We run.
We get to the spot.
As I start stripping off all my clothes she says:
"Now Chesca, today is the day I don't ever want to hear you complaining about the cold....and that as a Filipino you are not used to the harsh winters....blah blah blah. This is it. You taking off your clothes right now, out here ends all future complaining."

Me: "I promise."

I strip down to a layer of yoga shorts, a tank and I keep my striped socks on which trust me, I know I look ridiculous as I stood on Fifth Ave prepping for the shot
-
-
She is very patient.
She takes a fabulous shot.
I get dressed again and then we keep running. -
-
"The greatest love you can show is to give your life for your friends."-John 15:13
❤️
Or in this case to allow yourself to get embarrassed for the sake of your friend's IG yoga project.
Thank you DZ!

___________________________________

-
-
-
"The ostriches' wings flap joyously With the pinion and plumage of love..."-Job 39:13
-
-
"You are wearing that?" -- My husband Steve questioned AFTER he had already agreed to take my photo. 
I had asked him to photograph me at a location where I could "soar."
He inquired, "Why what's your theme?"
"FLIGHT," I answered. 
He said okay. "But I am only doing this because I love you." --
He does not really enjoy taking my yoga pictures and hates it even more when the poses are done in public. He abhors unnecessary attention and gets embarrassed easily.
When he saw me grab my plastic tutu and my roll of tape, he looked as if he was changing his mind.
So I offered to just pose in the privacy of our backyard.
But he took a deep breath and said, "No let's just do it."
And off we went.