X

X

5.13.2016

3 AM, I Have Insomnia.

So I decided to get up and pray.
I opened up my prayer devotional and realized that today is, Friday the 13th.
And, I just happened to have a picture for how I feel right now.

Kika is going to the prom of Central Catholic. (it's an all boys' school)
She asked me if she could have a few friends over after the prom. (By the way, I still say THE prom...but nowadays people say "going to prom" which in my mind seems wrong.
It reduces The prom to a pedestrian event. Like it is a weekly occurrence)
Anyhow, I digress.
It seemed to be a good idea to have a small group of people come here, have some cookies and milk and call it a night.
Better to have Kika here than at some after-prom rager.
The problem is, this small group has escalated to about thirty teens (that she is admitting to).

I am going against everything I would tell my non-existent followers to do:
-Do not worry about what has not happened yet.
-Live in the now.
-Surrender to what is.
-Let Go, Let God.
-Pray and all will be well.
-Have faith.

I am, Freaking. Out.

Figurative gun to her head, I forced Kika to send out a text to their "prom group message" saying: "Party ends at 2 AM. No one is to sleep over. No alcohol. My parents will be checking on us intermittently. My mother told me to send this."

Yet. I have this feeling of dread.

Back to my devotional.
The reading for today, May 13th is about thanking God in ALL circumstances.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." -1 Peter 5:6-7

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."-Thessalonians 5:18

Who the heck is Thessalonia and what does he know about teens?