X

X

4.23.2016

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” — John Muir

Happy Earth Day 2016

Right after the top left photo was taken by Steve, my phone rang.
It was a tree service calling to set up trimming my trees for the following morning, asking me to block off parking spaces on the busy road we live on.
So Steve handed me my phone while I was perched on this tree stump in lotus.
By the time I was done, Steve had walked away from me and had climbed a tree of his own.
My problem was, I needed him to de-lotus myself from the stump because I could not get in and out of this pose without wiggling and leaning this way and that.
There was just no space for that.
So I started screaming for him to come quickly because, well, quite frankly, the lotus pose is not very comfortable.
I could not even twist my body to look for him!
By the time he climbed down his tree to rescue me, my body was shaking.
(The true yogi might call this "reaching my edge")
The end of that pose was not meditative at all.
But, that picture does not show that part, does it?
Nope.
Just like most of the pictures we share with friends or post online- we never show the sweat, tears nor our human-ness hitting our edge. 
Just the smiles.
Just the pictures posed 'just so.
Not too concerned with my lotus-on-a-stump-plight, all Steve asked me when he finally got to me was: "So did the tree guy know you were on a tree when you were talking to him?"