X

X

12.31.2015

Peace on Earth: New Year's Eve.

In an effort to be okay about my 15 and 17 yr old daughters being out doing their own thing for New Year's Eve (which is so very against my upbringing, btw)
I wanted to just stay in bed.
But instead--Steve and I went to see The Big Short. It was a well made movie and cleverly done to try to explain the crash of the housing market. Do I understand it now? No. But still it was a good attempt.
Watching this movie felt like I landed in a dinner party with people discussing trickle down economics.
Yep. I know what that feels like.
But I digress.
After the movie, Steve and I had pecan pie and then watched 2 parts of the 10 part documentary:
"Making A Murderer, " from Netflix that is both compelling and agitating.
Anyway--once I let go of my distress about not being with the girls for the countdown--and was properly distracted by this soul sucking documentary,
I was able to welcome 2016 somewhat peacefully.