X

X

5.01.2015

I Bought A Race Bib Today On Craig's List from a woman named Lisa.

As I was preparing myself mentally to stay up late Saturday night to watch the Pacquiao fight, my "Crock Pot Coach," JB encouraged me to buy a Half-marathon ticket/bib for Sunday morning.
She too impulsively purchased a  FULL marathon bib on Craig's List.
Who suddenly decides to run 26.2 miles??? (I'm only half crazy).
I had never purchased anything though Craig's list before.
The woman I bought it from was a trusting soul.
Once I expressed my intent to buy it, she forwarded the confirmation receipt by email so I could claim her race packet.
She told me to mail her a check  (unlike other sellers who wanted Paypal or Google Wallet or opted to make the sale in person/cash only).
I like her energy.
Makes me feel like running the half-marathon despite not being prepared for it, is the right thing to do. Don't ask me why.
The original race bib owner had the name SNAIL on it.
How did she know I was slow?
I will now work on my garden to distract me from what is up ahead.
Who knew gardening was therapeutic? (my sister C. McAuliff knows, that's who.)