X

X

3.03.2015

Upright

I am reading a book (thanks to DZ) right now about a woman who called herself  Peace Pilgrim.
This woman spent years of her life, from 1953 to 1981 walking over 25,000 miles from coast to coast spreading the message of peace.
One of the interesting things she said is that:
Death is a process of transformation to a freer living.
"Death is life's last great adventure and is a beautiful liberation into a freer life."
She said if  people could see deeper into life we would mourn birth and celebrate death.
I thought about this and can agree to an extent.
If your death is pretty quick and painless, and you have faith as to where your soul continues on to...
I can understand the liberating aspect--but for people that "transform" in a slow, debilitating and painful process--I don't know if I would be so quick as to call it a beautiful liberation into a freer life.

An hour ago, I was on the treadmill running 2 miles.
I was trying to beat my 2 mile-treadmill PR of 18:20 minutes plus I wanted to get my work out done quicker.
As I was pushing myself to the vomiting level at the 18 minute mark, I started feeling chest pains.
So as you see, although this time is nothing to sneeze at, today is not the day I beat 18:20.

I hope I don't get a heart attack trying to improve my time.
I know a guy--a really good man named Mike Joseph, Jr. --who died in 2013 while he was on a treadmill.
I also know another nice guy named Chim who died earlier that year, in the middle of singing karaoke.
But then again, if I could choose how to go, I guess I would rather I go pretty quickly--and if it is while I am on a treadmill running while singing karaoke--I would consider that a beautiful liberation into a freer life.
Just in case, I think I should really stop wearing ratty underwear.
"Be ready for whatever comes, dressed for action and with your lamps lit"
-Luke 12:35

updated: I just checked with "my cardiologist." Although not impossible, pain in the right side of my chest is highly unlikely to be a heart attack. It was most probably muscle pain.
(Yet another professional that has diagnosed my body pain to be due to poor running form.)

Coming up: I shall post more words of wisdom from Peace Pilgrim.
And some questions asked of me through the years, answered.