Don't Dread, Don't Dwell: Just Do It.

Yesterday I got up at 5 AM and walked Pax. I had a long day ahead of me.
The Diocesan.
G's big race up a big hill 45 miles away.
Once the dreary forecast seemed imminent, I actually drove out of my radius last friday night (a Walmart not near my house) and bought two large camping tents to help keep the runners warm and dry. I also made sure to pack umbrellas.

(Instant camping tents by Ozark Trail)
Product Review: These tents are so easy to set up! I'm a believer! I can do an infomercial on them! And they are incredibly reasonably priced compared to my tent from REI.

It was very windy, rainy, and cold.
The tents withstood the elements but unfortunately, not my umbrella.
It got so windy at some point that my umbrella actually disintegrated. Frame snapped off the thingy.
So I had to throw it away, mid-rain. I'm laughing right now, just remembering it.

I was so uncomfortably cold that I don't really remember all the details of the day.
But I did make a conscious effort not to complain about the cold.
Not complaining is like taking the medication Versed. You feel the pain but you don't remember it after it's done.
The children did well (G got 27th place!) and they all seemed to have fun.

Did I mention that it was muddy? I broke down the camp after over 6 hours out there.
Do you know that despite how easy it was to take down my Instant Camping Tent by Ozark Trail, it is not so easy to put it back in its carrying case when it is wet and muddy?
I did not know this.
So I just stuffed the tents  into my little car in all its muddy glory.
Not complaining made the packing up go smoothly.

Before we parted ways after the Diocesan, the parents presented JB and me with some really thoughtful presents. They were very nice gifts, that I unexpectedly teared up after receiving it.
It was, by far, the mother-of-all-coaching-presents.
I think the cold and wet conditions made me emotional.
Anyhow, feeling appreciated as a coach reminds me how important it is to always express my appreciation to others.

We left the Diocesan and I drove like a mad woman to get back home to  change out of my damp  clothes, unload the muddy tents, and let the dog take a bathroom break before heading out again.
This time we were on our way to meet CK and company.
They had invited us to go zip lining.

I was still tired and cold when we jumped back into the car.
It was drizzling.
I texted CK: Rain or shine?
(I was secretly hoping she would cancel because I was exhausted)
I should have known that her simple response would be: yes.

None of us had any idea of what to expect with the local Boy Scouts sponsored Zip line.
It was at a camp ground that I had no idea existed 5 miles from my house.
Camp Guyasuta.
The low budget signs advertising the event made us think that it might be for little children.
We were pleasantly surprised as
It was not a lame zip line.
1000 feet long, 130 feet high was not lame at all.
(Will mark my calendar for October 17, 2015 because we plan to do this again.)

After being unexpectedly pushed out of our comfort zone, we had dinner at CK's.
We did not get home until 11 pm.
In total I drove 100 miles yesterday.
This is so unlike me to double book myself because I always factor in cocoon time in between commitments, whenever possible.
After a really great evening I realize how important it is to just ALLOW LIFE TO HAPPEN.