X

X

9.12.2014

Like Low Floating Clouds

Clouds close to the ground cast shadows
makes it hard to see.
The rain doesn't help.
Like in my head,
everything looks dark with foggy lenses.
Maybe I don't weep enough.
Like an unfamiliar roller coaster ride-
Twists, turns, falls and rises.
I keep wanting to know, wanting to brace myself, wanting to control,
not wanting the pain,
wanting to make correct decisions, wanting to be brave,
not wanting the shame.
Like a play.
Once the curtains open, I follow the script,  I improvise,  I work with the cast.
Each performance both energizes and drains my soul.
Acting is tiring.
I pray that I am more energized than drained.
I see a break in the clouds though.
This won't last forever.
It can't.
Plus, it is not leukemia,
nor an abnormal mammogram,
nor a husband moving me and my three young sons to Alabama and then asking for a divorce.