X

X

4.05.2013

I Now Understand The Tag Line: Just Do It.

This was not an easy run.
It was a bit painful, both mentally and physically.
It is my first long run in months.


I suddenly got up from writing that previous post--put on my running shoes and literally ran out the door.
After the first 4 minutes, I wanted to turn back. 
The wind was making me cold.
But I remembered that if I stuck it out for just 6 more minutes, that my body would warm up.
I ran as far away from my house as I could just so that when the urge to run home hit me (as it did every 20 minutes or so) that I would still end up running a decent distance.
I ended up running 6.2 miles.

As I was running, I started pondering the steps needed to conquer something difficult and I would like to share them with you:

1. You need to think of why you want to do something that is not easy.
2. You have to want to do it.
3. You need to reframe your thoughts and ideas about the goal and instead of saying:
"this is hard" or "there's no way that will happen" or "doing this sucks" or "I can't do this anymore"
you need to SAY WHAT YOU WANT and FOCUS ON WHAT YOU WANT.
4. You have to just do it and stop thinking of any obstacles in your way.
5. And as you are doing it, set yourself up to succeed by not looking back or looking down or looking too far ahead either. Just focus on doing exactly what you are doing,  one step at a time.
6. Last but not the least, as you conquer each step be grateful for each breath, opportunity and love that has accompanied you this far.