X

X

2.14.2009

Love, Actually.

Driving stresses me out.
Stress leads to constipation.
Apparently having a bowel movement after days of constipation can lead to:
  • feeling dizzy
  • light-headed
  • extreme sweating
  • chills
  • weakness
  • diarrhea
This can be tricky when the bowel movement happens in a public restroom.
Like the restroom of a ballroom dancing studio where Steve and I happened to be this evening.
My violent stomach cramps started without much warning.
One second I was salsa-ing with Steve, and the next moment my sphincter sensors sent me dashing to the ladies room.
My vasovagal reaction to my movement caused me to stay "occupied" longer than normal that Steve had to send our host Apryl to check on me.
Apryl found me pale, drenched in sweat and trying to stay off the bathroom floor.

Back to driving.
I drove to visit my four year old nephew.
We seldom see J.
Because of this, none of us in the family have been able to develop a relationship with him
and as such his world his rendered much smaller than it could potentially be.
It has become a downward spiraling situation really.
The less he is exposed to his extended family
the more uncertain he is around us,
which leads to less sociable habits,
that then encourages a shield between us (his extended family) and his behavior.

Being with J in his own environment has made a world of difference in how we interact.

In all of his four years, this is his first time to make eye contact with me, and show affection to anyone other than his parents.
I was elated with the improved connection with not only J but with his parents too and
I was completely sated with the culinary skills of my Nepalese brother-in-law.


Unfortunately, the gastronomic delight combined with the tension of driving caused me major constipation.  This constipation led me to experience:
  • dizziness
  • light-headedness
  • extreme sweating
  • chills
  • weakness
  • diarrhea
Only now do I get the etymology of the term: I am pooped.

PS. Happy Birthday to my sisters Karen and Charissa.
Thanks for having me, Lax and Julie.
Thanks for hosting the Latin dance lessons, Ed and Apryl.