X

X

7.01.2008

Nana in New York

Nana is from Manila.
She thought that after her business trip in Toronto, she would spend a few days in NYC.
She asked me if I would meet her there.

Nana and I were in the same homeroom in the first, second, third and fourth grade.
And although we went on to finish elementary, high school and college at the same schools,
we were never classmates again.
But we were always friends.

So when she asked if I could make the 7 hour drive to NYC, I wanted to do it.
However, the kids being on summer break made it impossible for me to get away.
I was scheduled to drive my parents to Rochester NY and also had my niece's birthday party in Syracuse, NY. (a distance of about 300-380 mi from where I live)
It is funny how the saying,
'If there is a will there is a way' is so true.
Somehow, our other friend Kay snagged Nana to stop at Rochester on her way to NYC.

We ended up meeting in NY instead of NYC.


Joe, Kay and Nana

Kay, Chesca and Nana

Vodka Jello Shots, at Stuckos--best Wings in Upstate NY

At Jeremiah's Tavern.

Are we anywhere near New York City?

With the Andersons by the lake. (Chesca's in-laws)


Nana in her two-piece.


Nana and Chesca tubing in Green Lake.


Who needs Manhattan to have fun???
It does not matter where you are, it is whom you are with.