X

X

3.31.2008

Yin and Yang

I enjoy socializing and yet I get nervous before any event.
Any event.
How can something I enjoy cause me so much stress?
The hubby is not any better either.
Needless to say, Steve and I realized that our ill-at-ease behavior is doing our children a disservice.
We've been making the effort to plow through our discomfort and just do it.
After all--values, habits and personalities are caught and not taught.
In order for the children to further develop friendships they make at school
(and make them enjoy school in the process) it is important for them to socialize with the same kids outside of school as well.
It dawned on me that if I waited until our house was clean before we allowed them to have friends over, then it was never going to happen. So we have started hosting more play dates. Amazingly enough, children do not care about a mess or the food one serves.
They just enjoy their time together.
As a result, we are getting to know the other parents as well.
And we are learning to be more comfortable.

The last thing we want is to have our shyness misconstrued as aloofness as
we are certainly not aloof, just socially inept.





The Bill Deasy Concert.





Dinner at the Lewands