X

X

4.24.2007

The Guppy Chronicles

3.21.2007

re: courage

dearest k,

just thought i would drop you a quick note to tell you
how proud i am of you.
you were so brave at the dentist.
when both the
hygienist and the dentist came out to tell me how
calm, courageous and mature you were throughout the
anesthesia shot, drilling and filling--
i was very
impressed.
the truth is, i was afraid.
and so when you went in the dentist's office by
yourself and i stayed with your sister in the waiting room,
my palms were sweaty. i was remembering my own
experiences as a child.
i used to be deathly afraid of going to the dentist when i was your age.
you are truly amazing.

i love you.
nanay

ps. please brush your teeth very well so that we don't
have to go through this again.
P. Faustino suggested that I get email addresses for my children.
It is another way of journaling your child's life--in an interactive form.
That was my very first email to my first-born and this was her response:

3.22.2007

re: iloveyou

dear nanay,
i like it when you are proud of me.
it makes me feel good.
thanks for getting to be my nanay.
(thanks for the idea, paddy.)