Consider yourself tagged.
I have been tagged by Dariana author of Charmed and Dangerous.
I look at tags like pesky forwarded emails but since this is something I agree with and support, I decided to participate.
The project Blogger Power is a campaign to safegard the internet for children.
My Advice To All Parents:
Our children are young, they are impressionable, and many times even gullible when first gaining internet access. We as parents must also do our part in helping to keep their internet experience a safe and pleasant one. Here are some tips for anyone who has a child on the net.
1. Place the computer in a public area of the house where you can keep an eye on your child.
2. Restrict internet site that are inappropriate for children. (block them)
3. Talk to your child about what he/she does on the internet and make him/her aware that it is necessary to let you know if anything on the net makes him/her uncomfortable.
4. Be honest with your child. Depending upon age, let him/her know that there are things and people on the net who do not have his/her best interest at heart.
5. Last but not least, make it a point to know what your child is doing when on the net.
The exskindiver adds,
if you know or suspect any adult engaging in child pornography or any activity harmful to children remember:
"Qui tacet consentire videtur"
(He who keeps silent is understood to consent)
I am supposed to tag all the people who read this blog so:
Mom... Dad...consider yourself tagged.
Labels: Mental Spelunking